Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 41

    Esztergom Day 2 Esztergom Piac

    21 oktober 2023, Hongarije ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    After a good rest, we walked to the Esztergom Piac which is the Market. Tried our first Langos. It was delicious. It's deep fried bread topped with garlic spread and copius amount of shredded cheese. We also got some green leafy veges and some meat from the butcher. Whilst waiting in line for the butcher, Ruby started a mime play with 2 little kids who were in line with their dad. She had the kids and other customers in fits of laughter. So much so that when I met the kids again whilst Ruby was at an op shop, the kids gestured🤷 asking after Ruby. I pointed to the shop to their disappointment.

    On the way back from the Piac, I stopped to have a coffee at a sort of pub/coffee shop. A lady that was already there was having a pint of beer and a shot glass of clear liquid. The bar person let Ruby smell the clear liquid and asked if she wanted some. This is not even 10am yet. So using gestures, Ruby said she would try a little. The lady proceeded to pour her half a shot and said it was on the house when I tried to pay for it. It was a delicious apricot brandy.

    We visited the Basilica that is the biggest in Hungary but it was still under renovation. Outside the Basilica was a busker who played 3 recorders really well, together at the same time. When I was playing the recorder, I couldn't even make one sound good.
    The views were spectacular from the Basilica and it was lovely to walk down the streets without the throng of tourist. On the walk we found some lovely sculptures.

    Distance walked 18km
    Meer informatie