Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Jerusalem Archeological Park

    February 12, 2023 in Palestine ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
    Acts 2:36‭-‬39 NIV

    The southern steps of the Temple are a likely location of Pentacost and Peter's famous speech. This was a gathering place in the city. It was 9am, the time of morning sacrifice, so the disciples would have likely been here because they knew large crowds would be gathering. When they were filled with the spirit, they spoke in other languages, and many people heard them. And when Peter spoke, thousands came to faith in Jesus and were baptized. All of these events include large crowds of people, so it is far more likely that they occurred here rather than in a residential house. The word "house" in Greek can mean any building, and Jesus frequently referred to the Temple as My Fathers House.
    Read more