Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Siem reap

    October 4, 2022 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Stayed in Siem Reap for 3 days mainly to explore Angkor Wat.
    The temples are one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen, it’s incredible to think that humans built such creations nearly a 1000 years ago. My favourite temple would probably have to be the ladies temple due to the insane level of detail in the wall carvings and inner towers. It’s also very pretty as the temple fits into the surrounding jungle whereas most of the other temples really stand out.
    Siem Reap itself was also great, everyone was so friendly and the food was amazing. Pub street was particularly fun, if you want a fun night then I recommend going there :)
    Also went to the locals market on Charles de Gaulle street which was a very good way to see how the local population live, where they buy they food and just escape from the touristy areas in general (even though I will say that we have been very lucky as there are hardly any tourists at the moment).
    If you come here, definitely use toot toots to travel everywhere as they’re super cheap and cost the same for pretty much every journey up to an hour (plus they’re really fun).
    Read more