Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Rest Day: Brusand

    July 3, 2022 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    We decided to stay put and take the bikes for a blast without the luggage and it was a great decision! The weather was temperamental but dramatic with big rolling clouds, brilliant sunshine and vicious rain storms. It accentuated the already majestic scenery to an incredible level!

    We had a long lie on this morning, listening to the birds and the wind, relaxing in the knowledge that we had no where to be. Eventually we paddled off in search of fuel and adventures. Our destination was Lysebotn, an monumental fjord with 27 hairpin bends descending to the bottom. The pass was tactical and challenging but the road to get there felt like riding through the land of the Gods! I can’t put into words how amazing it was. Rocky plumes floating above the world in a sea of lakes.

    It was also a day of meeting other bikers and locals. At a local cafe we met a little girl and her grandmother who talked animatedly about the girls mum who set up a motorbiking store for women. Then later at the cafe above the fjord, we met some Swedish bikers travelling for a week. There were lots of bikes and bikers, finally. After 6hrs of riding we are snuggled back up in our cabin, waiting for tomorrow!

    HIGHLIGHT - the road of the Gods, the epic weather, the people and the views. Everything! I didn’t even mind getting wet
    LOW POINT - none
    Read more