Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Copenhagen to Hamburg to Havelberg

    July 15, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Just 200km today and another 300km yesterday, but two cities in as many days!

    Although most of Europe is experiencing a huge heatwave, we were unfortunately chased out of Copenhagen by our beloved cloud, which we have lovingly called Brian. It seems Brian has followed us from Norway.

    So we hit the main roads heading to Rødbyhavn to catch the ferry to Germany. It’s takes just 45 minutes and although some say it’s chaotic, we thought it was very efficient! Drive on fast, drive off faster! Once in Germany, Brian returned so we ditched our plan to camp and headed for Hamburg and a Bunk-a-Biker called Florian (Woody). It was a happy decision and we spent a wonderful evening chatting about his many road trips, music, food, plants and other things. I had also asked if I could change my brake pads in his very well equipped garage, but realised this wasn’t needed just yet. This morning he fed us local breads and pastries and so much coffee I was in heaven. He was a truly wonderful host and I very much hope we can stay connected in the future.

    Since this morning, we have been following our newly named Woody Route, heading towards the Czech Republic and following the Elbe river down towards Dresden. The roads were beautiful with tree lined sweeping curves and lush woodlands. As we were feeling a little tired today, we bailed on the route early and found a lovely campsite with the aim of getting out early tomorrow to cover the remaining 330km to the border!

    HIGHLIGHT - meeting the wonderful Woody and spending hours chatting, the beautiful tree lined roads
    LOW POINT - feeling tired whilst riding never works!
    KEY ROADS - 195
    Read more