Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Traisen to Dolenjske Toplice

    July 22, 2022 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    I’m tipsy! Had a brilliant ride today (a whopping 400km) over the border from Austria. Our wonderful campsite host, Norbert suggested a well ridden motorbike rode with a fantastic cafe in the middle (Kalte Kuchl Alpengasthof). It was incredible! Beautiful sweeping bends, stunning alpine scenery and ribbons of perfect tarmac. It was brilliant to see some other riders too, including a new Speed Triple RS and a newer Street Triple.

    We then spent the hottest part of the day at a shopping mall to buy some essentials and escape the heat before hitting Slovenia, once we’d bought our vignette. We decided to put some miles down on the Slovenian highways but then ended up on some incredible curvaceous (ohh la la) roads up through the hills of Slovenia. I think we have fallen in love with Slovenia and we’ve only been here a day. It was the golden hour with the sun just setting, the cool evening air coming down the mountains and it was perfection.

    We ended the evening at our hotel bar with a few beers in a warm evening, looking forward to air conditioning and a nice bed.

    HIGHLIGHTS - riding through Slovenia at sunset, the wonderful mountain pass in Austria
    LOW POINTS - putting our ridding gear back on after the mall
    ROADS - Innerhalbach, route 21 and 20 (Austria), 423, 424, 672 (Slovenia)
    Read more