Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Rovinj to Fazana

    July 30, 2022 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Our wonderful host let us leave the bikes at the Airbnb apartment so we walked into Rovinj to explore the old town, take a dip in the sea and eat some wonderful sea food.

    The front was just as beautiful as the evening before with a little more hustle and bustle. We drank coffee on the shore in a swanky little cafe sometimes getting a little wet from the waves splashing against the sea wall.

    Caffeined up, we headed for the cobbled streets of Rovinj, which were wonderful, and very easy to get lost in! At the top is the beautiful church of St Euphamia, a huge Catholic Church with sweeping vistas of the Mediterranean and small town below. We both lit a candle for loved ones and sat in the shade before descending the hill in search of food.

    On the menu? Fish, of course! I had seabass and Chez had squid and it was very good! I think Chez even took a photo as she is want to do!

    We finished the day off with a dip in the incredibly salty Mediterranean and then went off to grab the bikes and attempt to find somewhere to stay.

    What with the raging wild fires recently, we had made the decision to do a few Airbnbs but they are hard to find in Croatia and so we ended up further down the coast at a little spot called Fazana. Looking forward to a longer day tomorrow as we head to our base inland and can dump all our bags for a few days!

    HIGHLIGHTS - cobbled streets of Rovinj, sea food, swimming in the Mediterranean
    LOW POINTS - stress of not finding anywhere to kip
    ROADS - none of note
    Read more