Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Rest Day: Plitviče Lakes

    August 3, 2022 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Early start today as we hit the popular tourist destination of Plitviče Lakes before the crowds descended. Being just 30 minutes down the road, we were able to arrive at 7.30, de-robe from our biking gear and join the few other early birds on the beautiful board walks that skirted the lakes and waterfalls. What a tranquil place! Aqua marine pools of clear water, dragonflies and butterflies skittering along the surfaces and curtains of waterfalls descending from grassy banks and woodlands above. The pictures say more about the utter serenity… until the other tourists arrived, at which point it became a cue and jostle for selfies and instasnaps. Of course we were as guilty as the rest!

    15,000 steps, 10km, countless waterfalls and almost 6 hours (!) later, we left the lakes in search of an afternoon siesta and the cool of our air conditioned room.

    Refreshed from our snooze we packed up our bags and sorted our stuff for another early morning tomorrow, heading south in search of the two other wheels to our troublesome quadruplet! Josh and Dunphy of course!

    HIGHLIGHT - Plitvice Lakes
    LOW POINT - the crowds of Plitvice, and the price (£70 for two)
    Read more