Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Loop: Vielha to La Pobla de Segur

    October 10, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Big loop today, taking in as much of the Pyrenees as possible before thinking about our journey back to port and the boat home.

    We had to do the N260, the most famous of roads in the Pyrenees but for us the best road was at the very end on the C13 and C28. Neither of us were particularly on point today, Chezs tyres weren’t great and I was tired after a night of bad sleep, but all excuses aside it was still a glorious day on the bikes. The BMW didn’t fail to impress as always and it also got a lot of attention from other riders. She gets a lot of attention, from French riders in their 80’s to young Spanish teenagers and middle aged off road crazies. Spain doesn’t fail to spoil us with friendly people, yummy food and glorious roads and scenery.

    Our final stop was the top of a mountain pass with the sun going down over the mountains casting long shadows in the valley bottom below, couple that with some epic hairpins to get there and we were happy bunnies.

    We’re now having burgers at a local burger joint before an early night ahead of a search for mountain passes tomorrow. Night night!

    Good: brilliant locals
    Bad: it was very very hot today
    Roads: N230, N260, A1605, C13, C28
    Read more