Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 101

    Trains and ferrys

    June 30, 2022 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    Miles: 4.88 Steps: 13362
    Flights stairs: 19

    We took a day trip away from Bergen today. We boarded a train for a two hour ride, which connected us to an old scenic train that took us an hour ride from the top of the mountains down to the water in Flåm. Quite the descent - it stopped midway at a HUGE waterfall so we could get off and view it better.

    We had about 4 hours in Flåm so we ate, and then walked around this charming historic town. Eventually found a shady spot (literally) and laid in the grass near the water - I fell asleep. Nothing better. So nice as it was 81° - seemed perfect.

    We boarded a ferry for a five hour ride through the fjords (Aurlandsfjord and Sognefjord - Norways biggest) that took us right back to Bergen. There were seats inside and on the back, but not the best views so I rode the entire time upfront right on the bow!! Most of it completely by myself which was so peaceful. It wasn’t too cold but the intense wind got a bit much - but worth it! My legs were killing me after standing for five hours, but hey, got to do what you got to do!
    Read more