Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Townsville

    August 20, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Day 1: Arrived at Caravan Park about 11.15, after a salad lunch in the caravan went into the Willows Shopping Centre. Judy bought some shoes that were on special.
    Day 2: Drove to Sandra's Unit (1/94 The Strand), We had morning tea and after a chat session catching up Sandra made us a nice lunch of corn beef and salad. She then took us for a drive around Townsville including a trip up Castle Hill. Went back to caravan for dinner.
    Day 3: Went back to Sandra's in the morning. We read some letters of Uncle Harry's that she had borrowed. She the drove us up to Paluma National Park where she has her African Mahogany plantation. She was looking for an alternate access in as he original access has been blocked. Had lunch at a cafe at Balgal Beach and afterwards returned to Townsville.
    Day 4: Went to Sandra's to pick up copies of Uncle Harry's letters. Donny and Melody Murray came for lunch. In the afternoon Norm Wells picked us up and took us to Willows Shopping centre for coffee.
    Day 5: Went round to Norm and Robin Wells house for coffee and then back to caravan for lunch. Went into town to visit the Military Museum but it was closed so went to shopping centre and had a look at BCF, Bunnings etc.
    Read more