Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 97

    Breakfast @ Bocca Serriola

    26 juni 2023, Italien ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We've slept at the ridge and walked mostly on dirt roads to Boca Serriola. Lots of views to all the hills around. Appr. 700-900m high. Here at the intersection with the road is really a bar with a very small amount of food. I got my morning coffee, but we can not stay long. The sun heats up very fast.
    We've detoured there last here and there sometimes because of weather and the condition of Lupo. If he has trouble with his legs or paws, he can not walk on every ground well. And the heat during the day is tough. Water gets now rate in the next stages. Hard to guess it before. We've bought food for some days, which results in a heavier backpack. Plus the water....

    I am still wearing the first pair of shoes. They get more holes, but in the conditions right now it is no problem at all. But the cushion is almost none existent anymore. The insole and the EVA foam is very thin at the most used spots. Which gives you a very hard contact to the ground. That's tougher downhill with the heavier backpack.
    The outer sole is almost flat, but not really often a problem right now. All the glue hold the parts of the shoe well together. Well made, actually.
    But inside the inner sole ribs more and more on the thin mesh and destroys it. The destroyed mesh ribs at the socks and they get damaged more and more too. I've tried the shoe with a new insole and it feels immediately better. But it is not worth anymore. Soon I have to switch to a new pair of shoes and socks.
    That's now more then 2500km on that shoe on different ground conditions.
    Läs mer