Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93

    Yogyakarta

    February 15, 2023 in Indonesia

    8:30 a.m. - After I woke up I checked out the free breakfast in the hostel and we figured out a plan for today because unfortunately the weather was rainy.

    10 a.m. - We started walking in the direction of „The palace“ when a local man pulled us over and took us to a puppet place. Puppet‘s and Batik paintings play a big role in Yogyakarta because of the tradition, the uniqueness and the history. They gave us a explanation about the history of the puppets and the cultural standing. It was definitely very interesting and I did knew that this was kind of a religion at some point. We continued our exploring and ended up at the water palace. Definitely the highlight of the day. The ruins and the old swimming pool was definitely a vibe. Afterwards we went to the real palace and walked through the museum’s and buildings there. However everything around there was very confusing. There wasn’t a structure or any explanation and it was raining the hole day a bit.

    2:30 p.m. - We walked back in the direction of the centre and I got some very tasty noodle’s for lunch and a cappuccino afterwards.

    3:30 p.m. - Afterwards we went back to hostel and just chilled out for a bit. The weather wasn’t great and we were tired so it wasn’t too bad.

    6:30 p.m. - I went for the dinner at the hostel again and had some nice chat’s with other guests in the hostel and Laura gave us some recommendations what to do. She is very well informed about the tourist situation in Java and got some good connections.
    Read more