Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Estancia Stay

    May 12, 2023 in Uruguay ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After a very restful sleep on the ranch we had breakfast followed by cow milking! Some of the group struggled with it but Daniel and Gab managed to get the hang of it quite easily.
    We then chilled for a bit in the morning, playing a bit of frisbee and football as well as relaxing in the sun.
    We then had an empanada making class which was super fun. Some of the group were in charge of cutting and cooking the ingredients whilst the rest (which included Daniel and Gab) separated and rolled the dough to make the pastry. We then put the empanadas together and on a tray for us to have later that day. We made beef and veggie empanadas as well as some dessert ones with quince paste (as we had leftover dough!)
    For lunch, we had some home cooked pasta before going for a walk around the ranch to continue enjoying the sunshine.
    After the walk, we did a yoga class which was run by one of our group members who is a part-time yoga instructor. This was a very relaxing activity in the sunshine and a much needed stretch.
    If we hadn’t done enough exercise, we then proceeded to do a tango lesson by our guide, Flor, which was lots of fun and ended with Daniel and Gab doing a rendition of their wedding dance in front of the whole group!
    We then had a delicious BBQ dinner cooked on an open grill before chilling around the bonfire and singing into the night.
    Read more