Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 163

    Cappadocia - Hot Air Balloon

    August 27, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today, we woke up at 3.30am to go hot air ballooning!!

    We were picked up at our hotel and made our way to the launch point and watched the balloons being blown up which was very cool! They initially use large exhaust fans to inflate the balloon and then turn on the flame towards the end to flip the basket.

    We jumped onto our basket and were lucky enough to get a corner basket which meant we had truly incredible views! We took off around 5.30am and ascended into the air and watched on in awe as the sun rose over the mountains. It was absolutely stunning and seeing all the other balloons around us was very cool!

    We stayed in the air around 1 hour as the sun fully rose and we even glided closely over some houses waving to people watching the show, as we made our way to the landing point. Our pilot was so skilled that she was able to land the basket directly onto the trailer attached to the ute! We then disembarked and shared a glass of sparkling wine to celebrate making it back on the ground!

    It was such an amazing experience and one that we will never forget!
    Read more