Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    The Sedona Vortex

    November 22, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 57 °F

    No doubt you've heard of the Sedona vortexes (vortices? vorti?). How spiritual the place is, to say nothing of it's natural beauty. We were all set to really settle in for a few days and enjoy the place, visit the great restaurants, hike amongst the incredible red rocks, and spend a relaxing Thanksgiving.

    Uncharacteristically for us, we did not think to reserve a spot at the campground for a holiday weekend. When we arrived, the campground was as promised ... absolutely beautiful, and walking distance to the shops and restaurants. And full. Full through Saturday.

    Apparently the vortex does not like us. Sucked us in and spit us out. No other campground for miles, and those were a little more rustic than we were hoping for over the holiday. Just to find LUNCH we had to go pretty far afield since NO place in Sedona has pull-through parking that would accommodate our weensy, itsy bitsy trailer!

    Sucked in and spit out. We took some (gorgeous if I say so) photos to prove we were here, grabbed a black bean omelet for lunch at the Red Rock Cafe in Oak Canyon (where there IS pull-through parking), and weighed our options. Our choices were constrained by a preference NOT to spend Thanksgiving where the nights are below freezing. Even though we are cozy in the geezer-mobile, we don't want to be confined to it.

    The angels spoke. Head South young geezers, head SOUTH.
    Read more