Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Licata

    January 21 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Licata is a 20 to 30 minute drive from here, depending on where you want to go. So it's a little closer than Gela and, above all, much nicer!

    At first I thought it would be 45 minutes but I must have either been looking at the clock wrong or got lost. It was definitely the clock 🤣.

    It's located 47 kilometers southeast of Agrigento on the coast. Approximately 35,000 residents live here, mainly working in agriculture and industry. There are also jobs in the service industry and tourism. However, there is very little tourism, now in January I haven't seen a single tourist.

    It's also located on the Canicattì–Syracuse railway line. The port of Licata is one of the most important export ports in Sicily.

    The area of ​​the municipality was already inhabited in the Paleolithic. The Phoenicians lived here as early as 1000 BC and did some trade. Although Licata is now predominantly an industrial and commercial town, the city offers some attractions.

    So there are quite some things to see and it's fun to sit in a café on the main street or stroll through the alleys.

    How cool that this city has so far remained unknown to the large tourist flows ❤️.
    Read more