Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Analcolico

    March 1 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Analcolico are non-alcoholic bitter drinks that are often used for cocktails but can also be drunk straight. There are many different companies that offer analcolico, in all sorts of colors. Crodino or Chino, for example, are very tasty.

    So Chinotto is a anacolico and made from the juice of the chinotto fruit and other aromatic plant extracts. The dark drink is visually very similar to Cola, but tastes less sweet and significantly more bitter.

    The origin of the chinotto is unclear. It is certain that Chinotto was developed in Italy. The name, among other things, suggests this. A credible hypothesis is that the Neri company from Capranica (Viterbo province) developed the Chinotto in 1949 in order to build on the success of US cola varieties with an “Italian cola”.

    This is also indicated by the brand name “Chin8” used by Neri, who specifically sought references to pop culture (Italian 8 = otto). The claim that the drink was invented by the company Sanpellegrino back in 1932 is not substantiated by this manufacturer itself. Sanpellegrino himself claims to have started producing Chinotto in 1958.

    Today, various brands produce Chinotto: Sanpellegrino exports it all over the world through the distribution channels of the parent company Nestlé under the brand name Chinò, introduced in the 1980s.

    Also, Coca-Cola has launched its own Chinotto in Italy as Fanta Chinotto, a less bitter version. Chinotto is used as an ingredient in cocktails.

    Since 1952, Malta has been producing Kinnie, often considered the Maltese national drink, which is made from the same main ingredients as Chinotto.

    I love it ❤️!
    Read more