Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Kasprowy Wierch

    July 8, 2022 in Poland ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    [JJ] After we descended from Karb, we saw a very pretty and inviting stream which led to the following interaction:

    JJ: *starts drinking from stream*
    Thomas: *looks over at plant further upstream and brushes against it* wow this plant is the most deadly in the UK!
    JJ: *spits out water*
    Thomas: wow apparently death from this plant is instantaneous
    Thomas: *then starts drinking from stream*?!!?

    So in spite of fearing we might have just poisoned ourselves (and in Thomas' case intentionally so?), we decided to trek up the exposed section to Swinicka Przelecz, where there were at least some incredible views to see while potentially dying. In particular, a vast valley unfolded beneath us from the top and looked out over the Slovakian border for the first time. Along the following ridge walk, a torrent of rain came hurtling from the sky as the forecast had been predicting all day. But disaster strikes at this very moment as Thomas discovers that he somehow left his coat at the hostel(!). So in the teeming rain we managed to rush to Kasprowy Wierch mountain and hide in the cable car station, where Thomas dried out a little and gorged on chips a lot before deciding the most sensible action was to take the cable car all the way down to Kuznice.
    Read more