Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 124

    Homeward bound!

    7 september 2023, Engeland ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After spending our final couple of days in Africa in and around the hotel, we left for the airport at 9pm last night. The first leg of our journey, a flight ✈️ from Nairobi to Jeddah, wasn't due to leave until 2.10 this morning, but we like to be early! It's a good job we do!

    The first Uber I booked didn't show up, so I had to book another one. Luckily, Herman proved to be more reliable. The traffic was terrible, however. A big international conference had just finished, and it seemed like the world and his wife were heading to the airport 🛫! Herman eventually found a car parking space in the drop-off area. We then had to queue for quite a while to get into the terminal building!

    After that, the journey pretty much went to plan. We flew from Nairobi to Jeddah, had a couple of hours layover, and then flew on to Gatwick. We landed at around 1.30pm and had to wait over an hour for our bags!

    We were heading to Guildford to stay with family over the weekend. We were very happy to get there after being awake for almost 36 hours! The warm welcome we received partly made up for the sadness we feel now thar our epic journey has come to an end!

    On Monday, we head home to find work to pay for our next big overlanding adventure - the Americas 2024!

    For now, after 11 countries, 6 capital cities, 24 national parks, and 1 natural wonder of the world, we say thank you, Africa 🌍 - you've been amazing!!
    Meer informatie