Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 154

    London

    September 4, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Fuck me what a day.

    Right, so lucky I got to sleep in or I wouldn't have made it to the end.

    Will had his dermatologist appointment today. Our morning plans were to buy a SIM card and make and let the insurance company know.
    As we left the apartment we realised Jess had forgotten her bag... Inside which had the insurance company details, Jess' money and phone, everything for Jaxon and most importantly, the keys.
    And so began our day.

    We went and bought Will the sim still so that we could use it to let the Bnb person know.

    We started walking towards London bridge because we couldn't catch the train cause Jess' card was in her wallet...
    Will was put on hold for about 30 minutes and redirected to call someone else to register the phone only you need details we didn't have such as our English post code because we didn't have wifi..

    😒😒😒
    Ok so we decided to get food in a place with wifi.
    Restaurants are the only option around this area so we for Italian.
    You had to freaking register to get the wifi but whatever we did.
    Jaxon then did a massive poo that we had nothing to clean him up with..

    The food was very nice. Best spag bowl I've had this trip.

    Still Will could not put money on his card because both his cards got denied. He then tried to do it online but no, apparently his email is invalid?
    Losing his shit by this point.

    I managed to get wifi too and find the contact number.

    We went and bought nappies for Jaxon.

    We then separated because Will had to go to his appointment.
    We gave Jess Wills phone and the number + some shrapnel to use a phone booth to let the Bnb person know.

    We were physically unable to contact the insurance people but that was a problem for later.

    The appointment is the only positive of the day and to be fair it's the best news.
    Will does not have skin cancer. It's a wart hahaha
    Why the first doctor had to be so negative Nancy and use a tone that suggest doom... thanks babe.

    We had to go to the hospital in the Shard and go through separate receptions first..

    Doc used liquid nitrogen to freeze it. He said it's about an 80% chance it will only need the one treatment and should fall off in 2 weeks.
    Pretty happy with the price too - only 250£ which is still a good hit to the bank but won't destroy us if the insurance rejects us. He also suggested an over the counter cream for Wills sudden random dry skin.

    I sent Jess a message about 20 mins before on a wim she had found wifi. She eventually replied saying the number didn't work....

    For fucks sake.

    We went and met up with her back near our house.

    By the time she could change Jaxon, his poo had spread up his back and into the pram but of course his spare clothes are in the bag in the house....

    We stood together at a total loss of what to do.
    Will tried setting up his mobile again but got denied again...
    We ended up deciding to pay for some random
    Wifi available... only we couldn't because we didn't have a friggen phone number.

    Jess said she even asked a stranger to try the number but it simply doesn't work.

    Fuck fuck fuck.

    Oh and because Jess booked the Bnb she is the only one that can message the host through the app but her phone was in the house..............

    Obvious solution??? I'll log out of my account and she can log into hers.

    When she logged in what message appeared?!?
    " to make this secure we have sent you a text to your phone. Please enter it to continue your log in"
    HAHAHAHHHAH 😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😡😡😡😖😡😖

    I suggested we go ask the neighbors.

    For the record. When I have said Bnb contact I mean the owners friend who let us in. Ester, the owner is in Spain.
    Only way to reach her is by phone 😂

    Ok so the neighbor was beautiful.
    He tried calling the supposed number again for us but it still didn't work.

    The wifi randomly started working so I was able to get Esters number. He called he for us.
    Try one she didn't answer.
    Try two she picked up the phone.

    The neighbour talked to her and passed it to me. I explained we were locked out.

    David, the friend was a few hours away but at least knew to come.

    Jaxon was loosing his shit so Will lost it.

    Will went to the shops, jess took Jax for a walk and I manned the door.

    Eventually David came. Quicker than expected.

    We got in around 6:30.
    We ordered food then me and Jess looked at possible Bnb options for the next 2 weeks

    Jax wouldn't go to bed so he was annoying us all the say until 10.

    It was Davids 2nd house call of the day because he came to look at the blocked toilet in the morning.
    He lives like 50km away so we feel rather bad.
    Luckily he works in London.

    I wanted to go to bed 3 hours before I finally could. That's the problem with having my couch bed in the same common area.

    Had a overtired breakdown then finally got left alone.
    Read more