Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 310

    Phnom Penh H3 #1652

    November 6, 2022 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    It was an amazing trail and event celebration. Their birthday is actually in August of 1992, but the P2H3 delayed their 30th Anniversary until today to make it part of the Mekong Indochina Hash “week of events.” As often happens when you plan a somewhat spontaneous hash event, some things can go wrong. Case in point . . . yesterday, all the registered attendees were told to be at the meet point at 1:15 pm, so that we can all get on the boat for the scheduled departure at 1:30. This morning, another announcement is sent out that said to meet at 12:30 pm for a scheduled 1:00 pm departure. So the gaggle of hashers are forming up at the proper location, at the proper time, when we are eventually told that the boat was no longer available. Damn. But the MM quickly acted to get us some trucks to cart our asses to the ferry landing about 10 kms away. The trucks pull up, we start loading, and then stood in the back of these trucks for about 20 minutes, in the mid-day sun.

    Fortunately, at this point we eventually get moving and everything goes as scheduled. We hit the ferry landing, load the boat, and make the hour or so long journey to the run site. After some brief instructions, the runners take off for a 10 Km (A to B to B) trail, the walkers for a 5 km (A to B) trail, and the slugs make a 2 km jaunt right up the coast to the B. Runner’s trail was a delightful water drenched (it had poured last night, making for a sloppy trail) for the first 5 km to the B site, where the walkers all met up, but then the runners go an additional 5 km B to B loop that brought us back to the same spot. We were all well covered in mud and sweat by the time we returned to the finish.

    https://www.relive.cc/view/vRO7J8d81yv

    After washing up, and downing a couple beers, the circle commenced, followed by a catered meal on site. Once we all had our fill, it was back on the boat to reverse the order of our arrival. Boat to ferry landing, and back on the trucks to the meeting point. Lightweights like myself headed off to their hotel for clean up and bed, while some of the hearty hashers loaded back up in the trucks for a ride out for more partying. I am almost too tired to sleep at this point, hoping that writing this will put me away for the next 10 hours. My late night out with the Bangkok H3, followed by an early morning wake up to head to the airport, has left me with little sleep and sagging eyelids. So, if anything is missing from the half-assed assessment, it will surely be updated in the morning. On On.
    Read more