Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Melbourne City H3 (just for us)

    February 20 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    After a day at sea, we arrived in Melbourne first thing this morning (last time I was in Melbourne was for the prelube to Tasmania Interhash back in 2000. Back then, we did a thing called the Chapel Street Chunder Run, which was as I recall . . . a 5 k with 20 beer stops). Many of the hashers had morning excursions, like bike rides and various other site seeing, I just enjoyed a nice walk about town. The start was about a one mile walk from the cruise port, and we all gathered at the Port Melbourne Bowling Club for a one o’clock start . . . but we had a bit of delay. Once we got all our instructions, the pack split up into 4 options . . . first was a short walk for those that were not up for much trail, and they went off on their own. The other 3 options were longer walk (5 k), regular run (8 K), and super eagle (10 K), and we were off for a short 2 km jog to a tram station. From there, we rode along the city, each getting out at a different stop, and then followed trail back to the bowling club.

    By the time we all finished, it was getting late, so a short 15 minute circle was conducted and then we hoofed it back to the boat. Many thanks to the MCH3 for putting on this special trail for us on a Tuesday afternoon (their regular trail will be tomorrow evening). So now we are back on the boat, and headed south towards Tasmania, where we’ll hash in Hobart on Thursday. Tomorrow we’ll have a day at sea, and an onboard hash.
    Read more