Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Surrender

    April 19, 2023 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    A while back a friend recommended a book by Micheal Singer called The Surrender Project. I really love his book The Untethered Soul (well worth a read), but hadn’t read this one. As the name might suggest, he tells the story of how amazing his life turns out when he makes it a spiritual practice to pay attention to what life offers and embraces it. We all have our plans and preferences, but Micheal decided that rather than giving in to personal wants and desires he would flow with life, recognizing that the divine plan is so much bigger than he could see in the moment and so much grander than he could have imagined. This didn’t mean that he didn’t have challenges, but the rewards were great and he was constantly called to give his best. And that’s the spirit in which we’re embracing this trip.

    
My Mom always says everything that happens when you travel is a part of the adventure and that’s definitely the case here. Every new challenge gives us the opportunity to let go of our expectations and find the beauty, grace and magic in the moment. We saw this over the weekend. We were so thankful that we stalled before we were high in the mountains on a switchback. We also stalled just down the road from a “truck stop” where we made a great friend, Zuko, who looked out for us and made sure we had everything we needed. I included some pics from the truck stop which despite being quite rudimentary had beautiful sunsets, a surprisingly beautiful river running behind it, a food truck, and showers that were only slightly scary.

    We're continuing our surrender journey with some wild accomodations for the night. We'll post a video telling you all about it tomorrow.
    Read more