Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Rocket Launch!

    May 11, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    So yesterday, during the wedding meal, there was supposed to be a launch of a SpaceX rocket. Fortunately, for us anyway, it was aborted with 58 seconds left and re-arranged for today!

    We planned on spending the morning in a Disney park then heading to the coastline to watch the launch. Alex though has started to come down with a cold (nobody is safe from illness in Diseny...), so we had a longer sleep and then visited a pharmacy.

    We originally headed to the coast but at the last minute decided to watch from Kennedy Space Centre. It was good having the commentary of what was happening and what stages they were going through, although it was hot in the sun waiting.

    Luckily for us, it did launch on time and it was amazing. We were so excited on the way to the Space Centre and the run up to the launch, and it was an amazing site to see and hear the rocket head to space. It was weirdly emotional too with all the cheering going on. Definitely an amazing experience I will never forget.

    We then walked around some of the musuems and shops, we will be going back again to do them properly. In the pictures you can see us rocking our 'Annual Pass' lanyards (because apparently if you want to visit for more than one day, you get a years pass).
    Read more