Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    14. 15. 16 Pokhara

    June 4, 2023 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Day 14 , 15 , 16
    Day 14
    We had to leave our lovely hotel at midday. We enjoyed our final drink at the rooftop terrace and packed our bags . It was such a lovely hotel , we were sad to leave .
    We walked for 15 minutes to get to our new hotel , the galaxy Inn ,but the walk felt much longer due to the heat .
    We were greeted by a very enthusiastic owner and we had a cold drink outside together . The galaxy in has a lovely garden and the outside is painted purple . The room is lovely but basic and there is no aircon , the fan doesn't always work either 😅.
    Once settled in , we walked down to the river front and grabbed some food . We were lucky to be sat inside as there was a huge rainstorm , lasting for about an hour .
    It was amazing just how quickly the drains had started to flood .
    Once the weather had calmed down , we walked back slowly to the hotel and chilled for the evening .

    15 .
    The day had a very early start for Grace , as she was awake at 0300 being poorly . Another episode of food poisoning unfortunately. Grace was not able to leave the room all day , which was made even more difficult with no aircon.
    James left to go and get some breakfast from a breakfast bar called Wendy's . It serves really healthy breakfasts like smoothie bowls and muesli at a very cheap price .
    After breakfast , James managed to rent a moped at around 6 pounds per day , it's a really cool little orange Honda and the helmets are really cute.
    James took it for a 40km ride alone to get used to it and was stopped by the police twice, but luckily no consequences for not having a International Driving Permit!
    We've got the moped for three days , as a more cost effective and fun way to get around .
    James then paid me a visit to drop off some water and sugary drinks . Although I struggled to keep this down for very long 😅.
    James went out for dinner at fresh elements again , he said the band there sounded great and had a nice meal . We watched a film together when he came back .

    Day 16.
    I was feeling much better today , and we decided to visit a huge statue of Lord Shiva on top of a very big hill . First we grabbed some breakfast at wendy's again. The statue was about 35 mins away on the moped , and it was quite an experience getting there with the steep hill and poor roads . Once parked up , it was a very steep and hot walk up to the temple .
    Lord Shiva, whose name means auspicious one, is considered to be the most divine among all Hindu gods . The statue was very impressive , with wonderful views of Pokhara in the background .
    After a short while , we stopped off and grabbed a cold drink before walking back to the moped. On the way back , we stopped off at the Pokhara shanti stupa , which is a buddhist monument representing peace. It was really beautiful there, and you had to be in total silence whilst approaching the stupa .
    I was struggling by then due to the heat and feeling weak from the day before , so we decided to head back to the warm hotel room for a break and a cold shower .
    Once refreshed , we booked our hotel for the next few days ( one with aircon!) and generally just sorted out what we will be doing for the next 6 days in Pokhara .
    Tomorrow , we will get up at 0400 to get to the Sarangot viewpoint just in time for sunrise . We will be able to see the annupurna mountain range from here 😀.
    We also plan to visit some caves later on too .
    We went out for some food in the evening and watched some stuff on netflix before our early start tomorrow .
    Read more