Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    13. Giethoorn

    February 17 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Today we headed straight to Giethoorn this morning, it took us about 2 hours as we always try and avoid the motorways as you don't get to see much along the way. We had to go over a huge bridge and through a water national park so was very pretty at times, despite being flat almost everywhere.

    When we arrived we walked down to the village. Giethoorn is a car free village and the houses are connected by waterways or little bridges.
    Some houses didnt even have bridges so only way was to boat home.

    It was a fairly big village so we strolled up and down, stopping for a burger on the way back. Still nothing on Hereford burgers, but it was still really nice. We sat with a coffee for abit and then decided to head on to our next park up. We are finding more free park-ups now. This one tonight has free electic aswell, however has had reviews of young kids knocking the van- we decided to ignore this and have already been knocked on twice...

    We took Maddy for a walk around the park and then heading to bed as we are heading south tomorrow. We think possibly through Belgium to join back up with part of our WW1&2 Tour. Before heading across through the Alps or Germany.
    Read more