Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 180

    Day 179: Free Day in KL

    December 12, 2016 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Last actual day of our trip! To celebrate, we had no plans. Again we basically just wandered around the shopping areas, though we didn't buy much other than burgers for lunch and some Hokkaido cheese tarts in the afternoon as a snack. Headed to a nice cafe in the afternoon for a drink and relaxed.

    We'd hoped to use our hotel's rooftop pool up on level 35, but it was overcast again and drizzling on and off, so it wasn't really an option and we just stayed in the room. After a few sums, Shandos decided that the new MacBook she wanted to buy was going to work out several hundred dollars cheaper if bought in Malaysia rather than back home in Australia like she'd planned (currency conversion plus you can get a refund on their 6% GST when you leave the country with it).

    So after a bit of maths and working, we headed off to Suria KLCC which is the big fancy shopping mall underneath the Petronas twin towers. Bought the new laptop from an Apple authorised reseller (the whole store looked identical to an Apple Store anyway), then had a late-ish dinner in the food court. As much as I like symbolic gestures, I didn't have a fitting final meal of our South East Asian adventure - I had a kebab because it was cheap and looked tasty!

    Back to the hotel around 9pm to get some sleep ahead of an early start tomorrow, and our journey home!
    Read more