Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 296

    Day 297: Cologne to Trier

    December 8, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    Busy day of travelling today, thankfully it was good weather! Left our Airbnb around 9:45 and walked to the station, finally the sun was out (first time in at least a week) and we managed to get a proper picture of the cathedral in the sunlight!

    Our destination for the day was Trier, a town a couple of hours south of Cologne, right near the border with Luxembourg. Thankfully it was a direct train so we could just sit, relax and enjoy for 3 hours. Not too crowded either! Arrived in Trier around 1:30pm, grabbed some supplies at the supermarket since we're staying a little out of town, then caught the bus out to our Airbnb. It's about 30 minutes walk or a 10 minute bus ride out of town, so naturally we opted for the bus. Though I really hate catching buses with all our luggage and Schnitzel as well - I feel very awkward, conspicuous and in the way.

    But we arrived at our Airbnb with no problems; a fairly large ground floor apartment with under-floor heating. It was quite cold, not snowing though seemingly on the cusp of it! Since it was now around 3pm we opted to stay in for the rest of the day, only venturing out to the hotel across the road for dinner. Had a burger for dinner while Shandos had a poached chicken leg; they also brew their own beer which I made sure to sample!
    Read more