Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Five Sea Days: Santa Barbara to Hawaii

    January 11 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    We left Santa Barbara looking forward to five days at sea. What to do? As it turns out, a lot. I'm breathless from keeping up with our self-imposed schedule of breakfast, shower, gym, bridge lessons, massages, art lessons, lunch, lectures, entertainment, socializing everywhere we walk (Cathy is on fire!), and many social evenings with new found friends and fellow excursionees.

    We are taking advantage of the opportunities for learning and growing on sea days .. we are up for the challenge!

    We are learning Bridge and joined an art class. Expanding our brain capacity!

    One evening after a Manfredies dinner with Steve and Maryann, we joined the crowd at the Star theater for Travis Cloer, of Jersey Boys fame! (awesome!)

    The weather has been a mix of perfection, stormy weather, wind, and all the micro-variations. Sometimes the sea is really calm, the next minute, the swells are slapping the heck out of us. We have had minimum sea sickness, which is a very good sign, and portending a good journey. For sea sickness, mostly we eat ginger chews and green apples. All in all, all is going very well!
    Read more