Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 Needles, Cal - Peach Springs, Ariz

    May 29, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    DAY 4 Needles, CA to Peach Springs, AZ
    Miles today - 103
    Casinos I counted - 1
    Not Hot at all today

    We left Needles California a little later than schedule. The guys were still gearing up.

    Today was a ride straight on Route 66. No questions as to where to go. The first 1.5 hours, it was pretty much level. And then the route went straight up. I mean up. I don’t know how the did it.

    Next stop was in a western small town of Oatman, just at the top of the hill. Neil stopped and talked with 3 people here. Again, I don’t know their story, but after this bearded guy on his bicycle, Neil talked with 2 motorcyclists who were all decked out in their black biker gear. Oatman was a good stop for a potty stop. And some folks got ice cream to go.

    After Oatman, it was downhill. The riders loved it!

    We had lunch at In and Out in Kingman, AZ. Jeff and I had picked out a local Route 66 diner but it was over-ruled by the guys. That's ok. They had seen a HUGE sign while on the service road of I 40 advertising In and Out. It was hot and crowded. I think we stayed there about 45 minutes and the guys continued on. Neil had a conversation with Ron at the Texaco store a few miles down the road.

    After Kingman, it was Hackberry - a small touristy town that had lots of Route 66 stuff.

    We continued on to Peach Springs, AZ, which is where the Hualapai Lodge (Indian reservation). This was one long day, but a good day. Good day of conversations. No one got lost.
    Read more