Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Back Home

    June 9, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 90 °F

    Before we checked out of the hotel, we had 2 Zoom calls. I had my weekly call with my Bolivia friends - Virginia and Linda. Beverly showed up late. Then our Member Care Zoom call with folks from Spain, Canada and US. We said goodbye to Bill and Jenn as they have a new job at their church. They were great with the missionary kids!

    Today, we visited M/D. We got there at 11am and dad was waiting for us. The volunteers from Deloitte were doing the gardening stuff. And dad had already met up with Sally Sanford earlier in the morning and showed her his apartment but also wanted her to see mom.

    Glenn and I walked across to Peak to find Sally. She in turn walked back with us and greeted mom as she ate lunch. Mom asked the normal questions ie where do you live, do you have a boyfriend and are you looking for a boyfriend? Laugh.

    Dad showed Sally her room and said “you can tell that Beverly and Sherrie have been here” regarding decorating.

    Dad had no complaints about the ice cream we brought to him. Blue Bell Dr Pepper float!

    We also met the home health nurse…she said wounds look good.

    She said “your dad is a social butterfly. Or like the mayor here.😅

    We drove on home. We were pleased to see the new flooring looked so good. Nice job. Most of the furniture was put back correctly.

    I left to run some errands so Glenn could put the bed together. We met at Panda Express for dinner. Then we both fell asleep while watching Jeopardy.
    Read more