Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 217

    Medellín

    June 13, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Wow! What a city!
    One of the nicest places we have been to when it comes to a city.
    City with such a violent history when in the 90's it was named the most dangerous city on the planet to a city admired for its progress and year-round spring weather!
    There is no such a place as Medellín! One of the first places we would consider moving into and the nicest people we have met so far!
    Joining the walking tour of the city with a local tour guide who shared his stories with us and with locals coming over and saying hello was one of the best things we have done in here!
    People in the streets smile at you and really appreciate every "gringo" who visits their city! Back in times no one would dream about visiting this place and even now there is a stigma about what to expect from Colombia!
    Friends and family woyld warn anyone who would dear to come to this country. The truth couldn't be more further and this place absolutely exceeded any expectations we could had.
    At the Plaza de San Antonio old and new Medellín has a powerful memorial. Place that in 1995 witnessed bloody attack on Medellín's people is now place where one can visit only with a tour guide. The remains of blew up statue of bird by famous sculputuror Fernando Botera are right next to a new statue that represents the future.
    Over 4 days we have walked the streets of Medellín and met it's people.
    I admire how could this place risen from its own ashes as a Phoenix!
    I'm sure we will be back!
    Read more