Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 42

    Saigon

    18 januari 2023, Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 86 °F

    It is amazing to wake up in a city of just under 10 million and listen to the sounds of roosters screeching. It may be a little heart warming to know that urban civilization has not completely given up on its roots. Just below the sounds of the roosters is the beeping of 10 million scooters. I firmly believe that every single inhabitant of this city rides one all day, every day. It’s nuts.
    We embarked on foot our first day to see some of the sites. Not for the faint hearted. Crossing streets that don't have traffic lights is a calculated endeavor.
    Jack found a hole-in-the-wall bánh mi place which was totally worth the death-defying street crossings. It was gooood. We then continued to march along, getting a little lost. Saw guys fishing for turtles out of the river with a net. And the city gearing up for a serious New Year celebration. It was wonderful. We had northern style Pho for lunch. Yummy.
    We closed out our day at a lovely third floor cocktail bar where we ran into an Australian couple and their two 9 & 11 year old kids who happen to be traveling the world for a year. I commend their adventure!
    Läs mer