Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 5

    Day 123: Scenic Train to Zürich

    12 Mayıs, İsviçre ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    With our Eurorail pass, we could use a Panoramic Train between Interlaken, Lucerne, and Zürich. First we needed to hop on a normal regional train to Interlaken.

    We find the platform, confirm the direction and train, and get onboard. About 2 minutes before we depart, the train announcer says this train his headed to Bern instead. We, and many others, look around confused and jump up to get off the train. None of us make it off the train as it pushes away from the platform.

    We determined that the train was originally headed to Interlaken, but a different train to Bern had been delayed by 40 minutes and they needed to get it out. The monitors didn’t update so many folks were misdirected. It was no issue though as the next station stop served both routes. It gave us more time to grab sandwich meats.

    After reaching Interlaken, we settle into the panoramic train and take in the sights of lakes, mountains, and valleys. They build the train so there is max window surface area.

    We get into Zürich and their metro trains are covered on the pass so we fork over the $9 euros to ride a train for 7 minutes 🥲 After unpacking at the hostel, we set up at a little cafe to get some work / research done for Austria. Because it was Mother’s Day, the owner made lemon drinks for all the women and it was delicious.

    Hostel: MEININGER Hotel Zürich Greencity

    Restaurant: Olive Ladencafé
    Food: Greek/Mediterranean

    Spots:
    Interlaken
    Lucerne
    Zürich
    Okumaya devam et