Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 125: Innsbruck (Cheaper Switzerland)

    May 14 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    We woke up early and took a 4 hour train from Zürich to Innsbruck, Austria. We downloaded a bunch of Narco episodes so we were fully entertained on the trip.

    After arriving in Innsbruck, we took the bus to the Nordkette mountain area to hike. It was some steep hills but we loved the views, exercise, and a little closed restaurant where we could drink water and enjoy snacks overlooking the town. Mountain bikers use these paths to climb and ride down as well!

    In our hostel we met two French information system analysts and Simon from Sweden. We joined them at a local sports bar to watch the Manchester City vs Tottenham game as well as Canada vs Austria hockey game. Canada was up by 6 and Austria caught up to tie the game. Luckily Canada got 1 more goal to protect their win. We didn’t tell the Austrian locals we were cheering for the Canadians.

    We agreed that Innsbruck was a lot like Switzerland with its access to the alps, great bus/train systems, and bike friendly culture. What made it better is that we could actually get decent meals and beer for decent prices here!!!

    Hostel: MEININGER Hotel Innsbruck Zentrum

    Spots:
    Innsbruck - Nordkette
    Read more