Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 12–13

    Day 11/12 - St Haon le Chatel to Saint J

    3 mai, France ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Before we get started just a little matter about socks - too many socks garrotte your ankles - our good friend Nick in Japan has caught onto this from personal experience! And he’s now launching himself into this very important project, sitting at his designing desk as we speak mulling the problem 🙌🧦🤞.
    We enjoyed a relaxing day yesterday around St Haon le Chatel and its neighbouring town Renaisance. Having gone through the now familiar experience of being watched and scrutinised through a 3 course dinner, attempting pigeon French on the first evening, we took ourselves out to eat and had a boozy lunch. We went shopping in Carrefour for anyone of Walmley background. Thought better of going to the Caberet due to the expense!!
    Simon managed to get key stuck in lock once back and Valerie the host suddenly loomed out of nowhere and also spent 10 mins huffing and puffing over said key, whilst flooring Simon with her rapid French 😂 fortunately I had escaped to the loo!!
    Today has been a beautiful sunny day - until I tried hanging laundry out 🙄
    And a long but pleasant walk through hills, meadows, quaint towns, acres of vineyards and plenty of the usual wildlife. As ever most things shut - apart from the hair dressers- these must be key to French life!! Ended up getting a coffee in the post office- and used their loo!
    Arrived at our destination after a 6 hour walk in blistering Sun 🌞
    Now waiting for the 7.00 opening time of local restaurant for a rejuvenating meal and a glass of local plonk 🍷
    En savoir plus