Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 11 - Kyoto to Osaka

    February 28, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Day 11 Kyoto to Osaka
    We woke up and had an easy breakfast from the 7-11 downstairs from the hotel. We then went to explore Kyoto station and discovered the skywalk was shut before 10am. So we caught the subway to Shijoji and went to the Pokemon store again at 10am, where we bought a bit more stuff. We then walked back through the Nishiki market and back to the Anime store at 11am where Dale got a fair bit more stuff. (9,800yen worth). After this we caught the subway back to the hotel and headed for the Shinkansen.

    Osaka is only 15mins away from Kyoto, so the trip went quickly. We then made our way from Shin-Osakato Universal City. Where we are staying for 2 nights. We are on the 25th floor of the hotel tower out from of Universal city walk. We checked in, then decided to do the half day ticket to Universal Studios that lets you in at 3pm to close. (6,000A 3,600C).

    So off we went to Universal studios. Today's visit was a look see rather than ride fest. No Super Nintendo world available that late in the day. Not sure if it was a good idea, turned out it was a students day and the park was staying open an hour later than usual just for students. So not sure if that added to the crowd. At 5:40 we got in the Harry Potter ride line scheduled for 80min wait time. The line went on forever. The kids and hubby hated it, I loved it. So that was a nice end to the day, as we exited the ride just after 7pm, which was the supposed closing time.

    Then of course the lines at the restaurants at city walk we long, we were hungry and tired, so McDonalds it was. Eaten back at our ever so convenient hotel. Tomorrow we do it again just for longer, wish us luck.
    Read more