Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 37

    Val della Torre

    8 de noviembre de 2023, Italia ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Considering we had parked practically on a roundabout on a very busy road we actually had a fairly good nights sleep. The traffic calmed right down at around 11pm. It never really stopped but it didn’t pick up again until about 5am. That’s when the Lorry’s started moving about again and we were woken up by the sound of air brakes stopping and restarting on the roundabout.
    We finally got out of bed at 6:30am and it was just 3°c outside and 7°c inside so the first thing I did was light the fire and put the kettle on.
    After Ellie had a shower we started packing Wanda up and after filling with fresh water at 9am we left.
    We had a 90 mile journey ahead of us and although we enjoyed driving through the back lanes and villages getting through the towns was a nightmare. Sometimes not paying for tolls can be a real hindrance, but we did a have a snow capped Mountain View all the way.
    At midday we arrived at our park up in the town of Valle de torre.
    It is a beautiful park up completely surrounded by mountains with a river running through the centre of the park up with pooling mountain water to bathe in. It’s also free, with free electric, water and grey and black waste.
    After arriving we had a cup of tea and a snooze for 20 minutes then we decided to go exploring.
    Nearby there is an old tower dating back from Roman times so we checked that out and then continued down a quiet road following the path of the river. We followed the river for about a mile and a half before turning left onto a gravel track that was a hiking trail and it started going uphill. After another mile we emerged in the next village where the was a huge church and cemetery.
    From this village we turned left and headed down the quiet main road back to our village and back to Wanda. We had just walked 6 kilometres.
    Back at Wanda I decided to get changed and have a dip in the pools by the river. It was freezing cold but refreshing. I didn’t stay in long because the fish kept nibbling at my legs.
    As we walked back to Wanda paragliders started descending from the mountains and were landing in the field next to us. It looked quite serene as they came floating down with sunbeams piercing through the gaps of the mountains.
    Once I got changed we headed over to the shop. It was now 3:30pm and the shop had just opened. Here we brought some fresh crusty bread to have with our lasagne but we also brought some chestnut jam.
    Chestnut jam actually tastes like a caramel spread with a hint of nut. It’s amazing and we’re going to buy another jar before we leave.
    In Wanda the temperature was now dropping so Ellie put the oven on and put the lasagne in for dinner then while that cooked we put the to on.
    As beautiful as our park is it has the flaw of barking dogs. There is a kennels down the road with around 20 dogs in and every time a customer turns up they all kick off. We know exactly how that feels. We can’t really hear the kennels but there is a dog somewhere up the hill behind us that hadn’t shut up for hours. You would think at least one of the neighbours would say something.
    We’re praying that the dog shuts up this evening otherwise we’ll have to move.
    Leer más