Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 126

    Dead bear canyon

    2 października 2020, Turcja ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Winter is coming slowly, even in Turkey. The temperature at night drops below 10°C and we have to deal with the occasional rain from now on. Last night, we were happy we could sit out the rain under those picnic table roofs. This morning, we could wait it out in the tent. But it also means that our days get shorter as we don't have that much dry cycle time in daylight anymore.
    However, luckily, the day has been wonderful again. At first, we passed some small lakes with super clear water. Unfortunately, they are all very flat and the ground is muddy, so they are not suitable for swimming.
    After we passed the town of Zara, the road led through a canyon and we had to climb above an elevation of 2000m. The first time we passed this mark in Turkey and the 3rd highest point on our Go East trip so far. Interestingly, there's some trees here the further up you go.
    On the way down, we also follwed a canyon. Unfortunately, we saw a dead baby bear next to the road. We were totally surprised there's bears in this area as it's still pretty dry and the forest is not really big. And it was sad to see that this little bear was obviously hit by a car.
    As we were looking forward to a proper shower, we decided to stay in a hotel tonight. Not particularly nice, but at least we had a scenic view from the 8th floor.
    Czytaj więcej