Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Lunch time and swimming pool

    17 juli 2019, Botswana ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    At 12am our Lunch was served with many vegetables and meat. Often, they offer a selection of African meat types from the bush, such as Impala stew, Kudu beef and Guinea Fowls. We had 2 vegetarians in our group, so there were definitely some delicious non- meat options as well.

    After lunch, we always have an « African siesta » because the heat is getting too much. That’s why the days start very early, with morning rides from 7am and afternoon ride after 3pm. The siesta time was perfect for a little nap, or for relaxing by the pool. It was so lovely so sit there and watch the impalas pass by or hear the baboons chill in their tree as well. The guides told us the antelopes seek comfort with the humans in the bush, because in some way they feel safe and know we won’t hurt them (Well at least not in this area).

    Meanwhile the horses have a relaxing time under the trees with fresh water, hay and oats. Lara her horse was rolling with the rope when she wanted to tight it, was a big surprise for us because we didn’t think the horses would be so comfortable with the ropes.

    Funny enough we saw the bush pigs trying to steal the food of the horses. A mum bush pig came by every day with her 3 cubs. The horses didn’t allow this of course and kicked with front- or hind legs to scare them away. As a human ourselves we have to be careful of these bush pigs. The mum has some nasty horns that she won’t be reluctant to use in case she feels threatened, especially when we’d stand in between her babies. Personally, I almost had a tricky situation when the cubs where walking around and I suddenly found myself standing in between the mum and her cubs. Luckily the mum didn’t move a thing, so I could bring myself in safety again.
    Meer informatie