Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Koh Lanta - Chiang Mai

    December 15, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Check out and travel day today as we are heading up to Chiang Mai. We went for our normal breakfast and then decided to laze by the pool topping up our tans. As twice wasn’t enough at the vegetarian restaurant we decided to visit a third time for lunch. This time I went for the classic club sandwich minus all the good bits like chicken and bacon obvs. Blake went for a spinach salad sandwich.

    We booked a transfer from Koh Lanta all the way to Krabi Airport as we couldn’t be bothered with the faff of taxi-ferry-taxi. We were collected at 2.30pm when the minibus was around half full. There was no boot so he managed to squeeze us and our bags in like Tetris. We then collected another couple and another couple and then a few single passengers until the van was so full no one could barely move. Turns out they sell seats for passengers but don’t really care about the space required for their luggage too. There’s only one thing you can do in that situation and that is sleep until you arrive. Fortunately we managed to baggsy the front seats so we lucked out on the space!

    For some reason our flight time was changed from 6.15pm to 8.10pm which was a bit annoying as getting somewhere late usually means taxis are more expensive and there’s no time for dinner. Luckily however we managed to switch to a flight that was boarding in like an hour. Having landed and jumped into a taxi we were at the hotel in no time.

    Once at the hotel we realised we were only about 200m from the Saturday walking street market so we had a quick wash and made our way to look around the stalls and find some yummy street food. The market was HUGE selling all kinds of bits and bobs. We refrained from buying anything this time, holding off for tomorrow’s market which is supposed to be a lot better.
    Read more