Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 6

    Minor Basilica of St. John the Baptist

    13 September 2019, Poland ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chojnice

    Poland (1920–1939)
    After the regulations of the Treaty of Versailles had become effective in 1920, Chojnice together with 62% of West Prussia was integrated into the Second Polish Republic, and Polish troops entered the town. In 1932 a regional museum was opened in Chojnice. Chojnice experienced the heaviest Germanization in the Prussian partition of Poland. A local citizen, Barbara Stammowa, symbolically broke shackles on the balcony of city town hall - in revenge Nazis murdered her in 1939 when the town was re-occupied by Germany.

    World War II and Nazi occupation (1939–1945)
    During the Nazi invasion of Poland Wehrmacht troops occupied Chojnice on September 1, 1939, in the morning at 4:45 o'clock. This invasion gave rise to the Battle of Chojnice.

    From the beginning of the German occupation, German militiamen attack their Jewish and Polish neighbors. On 26 September 1939 forty people were shot, followed by a priest and 208 psychiatric patients. From late October 1939 through early 1940, mass executions were conducted by SS and Police as part of an "action against the intelligentsia". [9] In total, by January 1940 900 Poles and Jews from Chojnice and its surrounding villages were killed.

    Hans Kruger - a Nazi activist - became a judge in Chojnice, and during his rule executions of the local population followed
    Baca lagi