Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Bath and Crockerton

    August 8, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Today was a travelling day. Highnam (Gloucestershire) to Crockerton (Wiltshire) is only 1.5 hours drive so we planned to go via Bath and check out the Roman bath. We could have gone on the motorway via Bristol but we decided to go via Cirencester because I wanted to buy a bag that I saw on Saturday and regretted not buying. It's made of cork fabric, which I haven't come across before. I am really happy with it ☺️

    I didn't book the Roman Bath tickets in advance because I didn't know how long we would stay in Cirencester and we've had traffic delays and parking problems in the past. We didn't want extra stress of a deadline. We did find parking thanks to Murgatroyd, however there was an almighty queue for the Bath. We would have had to hang around for a couple more hours and we were a bit tired.

    Considered going through the Cathedral instead. You can climb to the top and look down on the Bath! However that was also a tour that we would have needed to wait for. So we decided to give it a miss. If we've got nothing better to do in the next couple of days we might try again, but if not I shall content myself with Maxine's photo (and we've seen enough Cathedrals of late).

    We're staying at Crockerton which is a tiny village about 30 minutes east of Bath. Very secluded here. When we first arrived we weren't sure where our accommodation was. We thought for a moment that our cabin looked much smaller than we imagined - it was actually his shed. Phew! Sometimes hard to tell from the photos. Our suite is part of the main house. They live mostly upstairs. It's very luxurious and I'm sure we'll be very comfortable. We ate out at an Indian restaurant tonight. Makes a change from Sainsbury's frozen dinners.
    Read more