Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Reykjavik Airport

    February 6, 2018 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ -2 °C

    So, a great flight but a little late arriving due to the delay in Manchester. Moving through the airport went smoothly if you ignore that Tony couldn't get the electronic passport thingy to recognise his passport ... but it did in the end and our bags were soon off the plane. We then sorted the transfer bus to Reykjavik domestic airport though all we needed to do is convert our voucher into tickets, find the bus, queue to get on it then wait for it to leave. It left at 16:35 and we had to be on our flight to Egilsstadir at 18:00 and technically we had to check in by 17:15. Then the bus driver announced the transfer to the bus station (not the airport) would be 50 minutes. Oh dear! Then we needed to change buses to get to the airport. Oh dear x2.

    The bus, of course, then appeared to travel at a snail's pace though in reality it probably wasn't. Then it stopped to drop off passengers on the way. Should we panic? Perhaps we should.

    The bus arrived at the bus station at 17:25 and in emergency mode we ditched the idea of the onward coach and hijacked a taxi. It took 6 minutes to get to the terminal, 5 minutes to check our bags, 10 minutes catching our breath then we boarded.

    We'd made it after a close call. 😳
    Read more