Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Spatochori, Meganisi

    October 4, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    The pirate ship sailed into the distance, clearly not at all interested in the bounty aboard Rincewind. Let's face it, your average pirate will never look mean and scary manning the cannons with a large blown-up pineapple under one arm. That pineapple was undoubtedly the saviour of the day.

    Before long the day's destination came into view and Captain Penny asked if Rob would like to take the helm to steer Rincewind onto her birth, so Rob took the wheel while Alan and Tom looked after the ropes. This was the first time Rob had done this and it was a delicate operation too ... the yacht had to be taken-in backwards (the standard way in Greece) but he also had to go manoeuvre around another boat into the reserved slot against the pontoon, whilst avoiding a group of swimmers nearby. Rob managed it perfectly and was really proud of his success, with the G&T's being used to toast the achievement a little later.

    Having completed the drinks tradition and showered, Penny, Tom and Rob took the path up to the viewpoint above the small marina. They were hoping for a good sunset but once again the light never came. The view was amazing though and well worth the effort of climbing all those steps. The main village was there too so a little time was spent having a quick look around.

    The evening ended with a group meal in the beach restaurant with the crews of all ten boats attending. It was a great evening and also a lovely atmosphere afterwards when Rincewind's crew chilled on her deck for a while before bed time.

    Another day comes to a close.
    Read more