Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    Pamplona

    October 21, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    I don't know much about Pamplona. It is the capital of the province of Navarre and the venue of the world-famous Spanish bullfight, as a local proudly tells me.
    When I hear this, I get defensive inside, because I have no love for this tradition - I think it's cruel to animals. It is not noble to wound an animal with lances until it is completely exhausted.
    Of course, it's a great achievement when a human being uses tactics and skill to avoid a larger animal like a bull, and this form of bullfighting (without hurting it beforehand) exists - unfortunately not yet in Pamplona. Hopefully that will change soon.

    The most interesting thing about the city is its unusual geography, as it is built on hilly terrain and offers beautiful views of the surrounding area and distant mountains from its hilltop.

    And here's a recipe from my own experimentation:
    Fried Egg Deluxe 🍳⭐️

    Fry the onion in a pan with water. Why not with oil, you ask? Frying oil can only be bought in 1-litre bottles and is used up very slowly, which is why it takes an incredibly long time to transport a large quantity of it around and over all the mountains, which you want to avoid at all costs☝️.
    After a few minutes, add more water and the eggs to the pan. We prevent them from burning by constantly turning them.
    As soon as the eggs are done, add salted peanuts and eat the whole thing with pesto-smeared bread.
    ¡Buen provecho!
    Read more