Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 491

    Christmas in Germany

    December 18, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    North, east, south or west - at home I feel the best - or am I?

    No matter where I am - it would be the wrong place. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin and oscillate between the need for peace and quiet and the need for distraction.
    Lying in the sun on a beautiful island somewhere would be the right thing to do, but it's not possible at the moment.
    The decision is made: I'm travelling to Germany (the bike stays in Athens with a trustworthy bike dealer).
    The weather back home is particularly troublesome for me, because in Greece I at least had sunshine every now and then. 😬
    I spend time with my nieces and my godchildren. We like to play hide and seek - but I'll probably teach her how to find the really good hiding places in the future ;)

    So the days go by and slowly, very slowly I feel better - not that the time with the family isn't nice, but my typical everyday life has changed.
    I have changed.
    I no longer fit into the old life I left behind and I'm finding it difficult to fit back into my old surroundings. One evening I attend an international meeting in Berlin to socialise more with strangers - strange as it may sound - but that's what I enjoy now.

    Two family events lead to me extending my stay and finally returning to Athens at the beginning of February.
    Read more