Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Honolulu, Hawaii

    May 9, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Well all the panic about long lines for the immigration check proved to be as expected, with the line snaking up and back down the royal promenade.
    We arrived very early and were right at the front of the queue.
    We had all our paperwork and our tour tickets to prove that we had an early pickup.
    It turns out that they didn't even ask for our proof of pickup and we sailed through the immigration check, except for the officer who checked my passport minutely examining the stamps in it and asking why I had so many for the middle east.
    Paranoid or what?
    Anyway as I said we sailed through it all, not like the poor buggers who stuck to their allotted times and ended up in the massive queue

    I love the USA but their immigration officers are the worst and most paranoid on the planet.
    We boarded our tour bus right on time and had a great day at the Pearl Harbour memorial site.
    The only one down side of the trip, was that we didn't get to see the USS Arizona monument up close as the navy had suspended the ferry out to the ship, due to high winds or something.
    But the rest of the Pearl Harbour site was brilliant and very moving.
    On the way back our guide, the very knowledgeable Keith Fujiyama, gave us a great tour of the city and its interesting sites.
    I must admit that I can see why people fall in love with Hawaii and especially Honolulu.
    Read more