Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 101–102

    Connections on the Western Tiers

    13 Nisan, Avustralya ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Departing the tranquil shores of Lake Barrington, our journey propelled us onward in our faithful bus, steering towards the imposing and rugged silhouette of the Western Tiers. Hearts swelling with a blend of nostalgia and anticipation, we set our sights on Mersey Forest, a place of enchanting promise though not entirely engulfed in the Tiers. Guided by glowing recommendations from our revered travel guide, Wikicamps, we were drawn like moths to a flame, eager to uncover its hidden treasures.

    As we descended, the Forth River unfurled below us, its crystalline waters a vital artery feeding Lake Barrington, and our bus’s exhaust brake sang a low, protective hymn, conserving our mechanical stamina for the journey ahead. With every descent comes an ascent, and so we ascended, slowly winding our way up to the very edge of the Western Tiers. As we neared our destination, a flood of memories from two years prior washed over us—the adventurous few days we walked the Walls of Jerusalem. It was during that seminal journey we had vowed to make Tasmania the first port of call in our new nomadic life.

    Upon crossing the sturdy bridge over the Mersey River, our first attempt to navigate into the campsite was thwarted by a precariously sharp turn, compelling us to opt for a secondary entrance. This fortunate misdirection delivered us to an unexpectedly vacant campsite, quietly acclaimed as the local's preferred retreat.

    Our bus, spacious yet surprisingly agile, slipped effortlessly into a spot, its size an advantage in the densely wooded area, where larger vehicles dared not venture. Settling in beside us were Grammy and Fran in their reliable Hiace, our temporary travel companions, their presence a comforting constant beside the gently babbling river. Anth took to the land, gathering and processing firewood with a practiced ease, each log a building block for what would become an evening of serene campfire entertainment. His quest for wood briefly paused as he ventured back to the Mersey bridge to uncover a geocache, his success marked by a series of celebratory photographs.

    As Anth made his way back across the bridge, a small car buzzed past, its movements quick and curious, disappearing momentarily into the park entrance we had earlier bypassed. This fleeting encounter didn't end there; the car reappeared, nestling cheekily behind our camp—a bold move given the numerous campers who had passed by, deterred by our claim to this prime spot.

    The car disgorged its occupants—three intrepid souls ready to share in our encampment. Arli and Luke, a couple seasoned in the nomadic lifestyle, balancing their wanderlust with periods of work in outdoor education, were joined by their friend Tali, a spirited traveler about to embark on his own epic adventure to New Zealand.

    Together, under the canopy of stars and the whisper of the river, we encircled the crackling fire. Stories flowed freely, laughter echoed into the night, and bonds were forged in the shared warmth of the fire’s glow. The road had once again proven itself a remarkable weaver of destinies, drawing us together in this secluded Tasmanian sanctuary, reminding us that every journey, no matter how rugged or serene, is a symphony of stories waiting to be told.
    Okumaya devam et